From Data Hell to Bliss: Getting the Most Out of Your Acumatica Data
Update February 5th, 2017: Alas, the try.acumatica.com links don’t work anymore so I removed them.
I have also prepared some Homework and Additional Links.
- Connect to
- Login with user “acumatica” and password “summit“
- Sign-up for a free PowerBI.com account
- Follow the steps in the Slides From Today and the Power BI Webinar Video (scroll to the 25 minute mark) to connect Acumatica to Power BI and have some fun!
- Feel free to make your own Generic Inquiries, but you will need to do the “Ctrl-Alt” trick on your local Acumatica instance because the “acumatica” user doesn’t have adequate security permissions
- Slide Deck from today’s presentation
- Power BI Webinar from December 10th 2015 which contains a 30 minute demo showing how to use the Power BI Desktop for more advanced Acumatica OData stuff (scroll to the 25 minute mark for the demo)
- Microsoft Build 2015 Conference Demo of Acumatica OData and Power BI
- What Is Power BI?
- Power BI, OData, and Acumatica Data Nirvana
- OData Article on OData.org
- Printed vs. Digital Reports
- Generic Inquiry – Creating and Enabling for OData (with video)
- Excel – Connecting to Acumatica OData (with video)
- Excel – Building a Simple Dashboard from Acumatica OData (with video)
- Excel – Advanced Dashboard Examples
- Excel – Excel Online Inside Acumatica (with video)
- Excel – More Details on Excel Online
- Report Designer – Logging in to Acumatica
- Report Designer – Building Your First Report
- Report Designer – Difference Between RPS and RPX File Types
- Report Designer – Out of the Box Reports