Multi Company Fulfillment 6.1
Client using one instance, but multiple companies (Build 6.10.1219)
Client has an Acumatica Company for US and Canada due to multiple currencies and financials. Canadian Sales Orders are fulfilled by their US Company set as a Vendor.
Sales Order Scenario:
- Customer places a Sales Order in Canadian Company.
- These line items are flagged as Marked for PO and a PO Source of Drop Shipped automatically from a minor customization upon entry.
- Those items are already defaulted to the Vendor of the “US Company”.
- PO is created automatically on a schedule in the Canadian Company and sent out to the US Company.
- US Company enters the PO and fulfills the Drop Ship order to the Customer.
- Once it is shipped from the US Company, the Canadian company creates the invoice for the Customer to pay.
Is there any way to link or auto create the PO in the US Company, which was created by the Canadian Drop Ship Sales Order?
I am assuming as of now that this would entail a possible report (In Canada Company) -> Export Scenario (In Canada Company) -> Import Scenario (In US Company). Then when the PO order is shipped from the US company another report (In US Company) -> Export Scenario (In US Company) -> Import Scenario (In Canadian Company).
Let me know your thoughts or if any new changes may help this layout in more current versions.
I don't know a way to do this without customization.
You might look at feeding a SQL View as a datasource to an Import Scenario that runs on a schedule to perform this. The only trick would be getting the SQL View to see data in the other Company (now called Tenant in later versions). I think they have been cracking down on this because it violates multi-tenancy restrictions.