My last post was about hyperlinks and I’d like to continue on the same theme in this post, but use an actual example in Excel.
Sometimes it would be nice to make an Excel file that contains hyperlinks to the actual screens in Acumatica for each record that you’re viewing. In this example, I’m going to take a simple list of vendors in Excel and add a hyperlink to each vendor ID that will drill into the Vendors (AP303000) screen in Acumatica for that vendor.
Basically, all you need to do is the following:
- Start with an Excel file that has a list of vendor IDs.
- Go to the Vendors (AP303000) screen in Acumatica, pick a random vendor, and click Help -> Get Link in the upper right-hand corner.
- Copy the External Link: value to your clipboard.
- Paste the External Link: into an Excel formula like this:
- Change the hard-coded vendor ID to an Excel cell reference like this:
- Wrap the link in the Excel HYPERLINK function like this:
- Hide the original column in Excel that had the vendor ID and just display the new vendor ID with the hyperlink.
- Clicking the hyperlink for a vendor should take you to the Vendors (AP303000) screen in Acumatica for that specific vendor.
- You will need to login to Acumatica and your login will need permission to the Vendors (AP303000) screen.
Here is a quick video which walks through the steps: